Search This Blog

Monday, January 28, 2013

January 28, 2013 (Monday)

Gary got up at 5 a.m. to go work out.  The roads were terrible and he drove about 15!  I got up at 6:00 and wisely watched the school closings.  Mine didn't close until about 6:15!  That was cutting it close.  I stayed up for awhile, then fell asleep on the couch until Gary called an woke me up.

Took a little nap when Gary got home after going to Paul's.  Then we ate at Tom's.  I had a grilled ham & cheese and he had a coney and a bowl of chili (and brought half of it home).  Then he had to babysit.

I went to my mom's and then on to the outlets.  First, I went to Dress Barn and tried on two things and bought them both, so that was cool!  One was a peasant-ish top with a nipped-in waist in a sheer fabric.  Bling on the bodice made me wonder about it until I tried it on!  Not sure if that's too much for school.  Maybe I'll wear it to church or parties or if we go out.  The other thing was jeans with bling on the pockets.  They are a 16 and I probably should've tried on the 14.

I had 3 certificates to use at Old Navy.  The $20 needed to be used this week and I also had a $15 and a $5, which I'll use another time.  I have a hard time finding things there, except for the kids.  Everything seems chintzy to me.  I ended up with a coat for Grace's birthday ($11.97), a scarf to go with it, pink fleece pants for her, and a couple pairs of socks for Emmy.  The bill ended up being 49 cents, but it showed up as zero, so I paid nothing!

No comments: