Search This Blog

Friday, December 21, 2012

December 21, 2012 (Friday)

I'm going to try to get better (again!) at keeping my blog updated.  Mostly it's a diary for me (but not too personal!) and a place for me to pin to pinterest from.

Rained a lot yesterday, but today I awoke to a blustery, snowy and windy day. No school (work) yesterday or today anywhere in Genesee County, due to threats by stupid people, as it was supposed to be the "end of the world". Rumors were flying around that kids were going to take guns to school, since it "wouldn't matter anyways".

We went to Twin's hoping to see our waitress friend, Jenny.  She was newly-diagnosed with breast cancer and was going to try to work today.  When we got there, another waitress was working and said Jenny wouldn't be coming back.  She's worked there for years.

Then Gary babysat and I went to Sam's and Kohl's.  I still need to go to K-Mart, maybe tomorrow.  I was looking for a down pillow for Gary, but they were about $60 at Sam's, which I thought was ridiculous.  All I bought there was blueberries!  I had lots of samples there, a/k/a dinner. 

I bought two red sweaters for myself that were half off, plus I had a 30% off coupon.  I bought 5 fleece or Sherpa or whatever throws for gifts.  Got Gary's pillow there, which is part down.  Also ended up with two Kohl's cash coupons ($10 each).  I only was entitled to one, but since the cashier accidentally charged me for an extra throw and they had to redo my purchase, they gave me an extra! I only have a short time to use them after Christmas.

Had a piece of strawberry rhubarb pie from the now closed Wolcott's.  Gary stopped by there today to talk to the former owner, Bob.

I have gifts piled all over my bed, by designee.  Guess I'd better go address that issue!  Good night for snuggling up!

No comments: