Search This Blog

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Amanda and the kidlets didn't go to church at our church this morning, as she didn't feel well because of allergies when she woke up.  She felt better a bit later and went to her other church. When we got there, Mary was lying face down on the floor, because she'd tripped on the rug.  The ambulance came and they got her up, and she seemed the same as usual.  Bonnie did a sermon on Music in the Church, as Karen is away at pastor's school.

We ate at Classic Coney Island in Genesee after church.  I had my usual Greek Chicken Pita.  I haven't been deviating from that much lately, but everything is good there.  I eat the sandwich innards with a fork and then cut the pita in half to eat it.  Gary had blueberry pancakes.

We ended up going to Twin's later, splitting a chicken strip dinner.  We always think of it as a chicken plank dinner.  I cut my planks into two or three strips.    We get so many, that after I eat one or two and Gary eats his fill, we still have at least two more to take home.    Jen brought us a large slice of cheesecake topped with chocolate to split. 

Then we stopped in to see my mother at the nursing home.  I brought her a Vernor's from Twin's, because she loves ginger ale lately. She's doing well and getting stronger, but I'm sure she's bored out of her mind.  Beth and Randy came after a bit, so we could visit with them, too.  Melvin and Glen had been by earlier, but that was in the afternoon.

Still working on getting rid of the skunks to no avail.

No comments: