Search This Blog

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy birthday to me!  Fifty-nine years old!  Facebook birthdays are the best: I must've had 200 greetings!  My co-workers brought me donuts and chocolate milk.  Gary got me a blueberry pie.  I know, weird.  I'm saving it, though, for the roast beef dinner at church Saturday, because I have to bring two pies.  Laura gave me fall-ish flowers in a pretty vase. 

We ate at Zehnder's to use my free coupon.  I always liked the Bavarian Inn better, but tonight was very nice.  We had to wait in line and an old friend of Gary's was a bit behind us, so they had a good time reminiscing.  Waiting in line there is the best, because the surroundings are enjoyable to look at and you can also people-watch.  We were seated in a room I'd never been in, and it was very nicely arranged.  Of course, we had family-style chicken and the price is something like $22 now! It seems like a year ago it was $18!  Everything was tasty.  I couldn't decide between a hot fudge or caramel sundae, so the waitress put both on!

All in all, a very nice birthday!

No comments: