Search This Blog

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Saturday, November 6, 2010

I slept until 9:30 this morning!  I never am able to do that.  I either wake up really early or the phone wakes me up anyway.  I poked around all morning and left for Penney's after noon, needing a new and warmer pair of gloves to match my blue and grey striped scarf.  It would've worked out better if I'd went earlier, but I didn't realize that until it was too late.  I discovered that, in addition to my $10 off a $25 purchase, I had a $10 off a $10 purchase coupon!  If I'd known that, I would've left earlier and used the first coupon before the earlybird sales ended at 1:00.  I didn't have enough time to accumulate $25 worth of purchases.  Oh, well.  Doesn't really matter.  So I did find the ideal pair of grey Isotoner gloves half off, making them $11.99.  Also grabbed a blanket sleeper for Clark for Christmas.

Gary got home about 5:00 with all his freebies from the conference.  Amanda & the kids were here, so we sent most of it home with them:  markers, pens, pads of paper, sewing kits and candy.

Then we ran up to Classic Coney Island for a quick dinner before I went to my mom's.  Gary had prime rib last night and filet mignon today, so all he ordered was a bowl of their delicious chili.  It's probably the best chili I've had.  I had a Greek chicken pita.

Tonight daylight savings time ends, so we "fall back" and gain an hour of sleep.

No comments: