Search This Blog

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Had a nice fall Saturday.  High temps were in the 50's.  Last night, I heard the garbage can lid crash from the can containing my black oiler sunflower seed for the birds.  I knew right away it was a raccoon.  I shone the big flashlight on him, and he didn't like that and took off.  The lid had a cement brick on it, but that was no problem for him.  It was the biggest coon I've ever seen!  I usually don't worry about being around the coons, but I wasn't going out with this one!  Gary replaced the lid and put a cement block on it, so now neither the coon nor I can get into the bird seed!  A couple nights earlier, Gary was letting Elmo the Cat out for the night.  He opened the front door and stopped Elmo just in time from meeting up with two smaller coons on the front porch!

I drove through Halo Burger on Richfield Road this morning, because I wanted to get Halloween coupons for Junior Shakes for the grandkids, 10 coupons for $1.  Unfortunately, they were sold out.  Then I went on to WalMart to pick up a few things.  Madilyn wanted me to come over, so I made Ghost Cookies for the kids and for church tomorrow.  You dip Nutter Butters into melted white chocolate almost all the way to look like ghosts.  Add chocolate chips for the eyes and you're done!

When Gary got home, we ate at Tom's (now called Classic Coney Island, but we, and others, will always call it Tom's).  He had the pork chop dinner, which he often gets.  He had it with cole slaw and a baked potato.  I had the Greek Chicken Wrap.

Then on to Mom's and Lawrence Welk.  Maybe now we'll watch a movie.

No comments: