Search This Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Gary got up early to make bean soup in the smaller open kettle for Wolcott's Apple Fest.  He almost hit a huge buck crossing the road in front of Nickerson's on Stanley Road at 6 a.m. 

I ran to Penney's to use my $10 off a $10 or more purchase, buying a $30 item on sale for half off, making my price $4.  Then on to Kohl's for the same deal.  I found a green and white top that is perfect for green and white days at school.  Paid $6 for that, original price: $30.  Stopped at Aldi's to get supplies for my last Sunday of fellowship baking, as I had the month of September.  Last week's flowers were still fresh for the altar!  Drove through Taco Bell and got the new chicken flatbread sandwich and a senior pop for only $1!

After I got home, I began my baking.  I made a healthy dried cherry snack cake.  167 calories per piece if you cut it into 15 pieces, but I cut it into 24.  I did drizzle a confectioner's sugar/water glaze on, because it really needed it, mostly for looks.  Also made the pumpkin crunch dessert I made a couple weeks ago. Everyone loved it, so why not? It's basically a dump cake, and I top it with Heath butter brickle chips.

Watched the video, Dear John.  That has to be one of the most boring all time movies!

No comments: