Search This Blog

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Kind of a hectic day.  Had to finish my spaghetti salad this morning, take Amanda our minivan to borrow for the day, and went to a free clothing sale at a little church in Mt. Morris.  Very nice!  I picked up about three things for Emily, and now know that will be a good place to take stuff, since that church wants to give back to the community.  Also got Madilyn some very cool pink decorated shoes at a rummage sale for $1.  They look new and are from the Children's Place.

Cameron's open house started at 2:00, and we spent four hours there.  Lots of good food and fun.  So nice to see a lot of people that I haven't seen in ages!  The weather was warm and breezy, so it wasn't too hot.  Lynn's family has spent a lot of time remodeling their old farmhouse, and it looks great!  I love the porches, one enclosed and one not.

At 6:00, we went up the road to our church Fathers' Day party.  The Rodman kids were exhausted, but didn't know it!  We didn't stay long, and were glad to get home to cold Diet Cokes. 

I asked Gary what he wanted to do for Fathers' Day, wondering what restaurant he would choose for after church.  He said he wants to take the backroads to the deli Christen runs in Davisburg and get something to eat there!  That'll be nice!  It's such a pleasant drive.

Well, retiring to our cold bedroom air conditioning sounds good right now, but first I need to get the sheets out of the drier and onto the bed.  I have favorite yellow sheets that are such nice fabric that I hope they last forever. I try to always use those same ones! They are Pinzon, and I should search online for more, because I can't seem to find them in stores even though I've heard of them often.

Goodnight all!

No comments: