Search This Blog

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thursday, May 27

Eating through the alphabet, and it's "B Week".  We ate at Brick Street Bar & Grill, an upscale spot, on the advice of my friend, Carolyn, and others.  The parking lot and inside decor were lackluster to say the least. It looked like they forgot to decorate!

I was trying to choose between the Thai Beef and the Mongolian Beef, but did not want a super-spicy dish.  The waiter said I would like the Thai, because it wasn't very spicy.  Ha!  One bite and I was grabbing for my Diet Coke!  It was ve-e-ery hot!  I only ate a little, and I don't even know why I attempted to eat that much.  It only came with garlic mashed potatoes.  Even though small plates were on the table, there was no bread and I would've appreciated it with the spicy beef.  Side salads were $1.99 extra for the house and $2.99 for caesar.  Gary had the pecan-encrusted whitefish, which also came with mashed potatoes and a couple asparagus spears.  He said it wasn't anywhere near as good as the planked whitefish he has at the Harbor Haus in Copper Harbor.  We'll be there in just over a week!  Can't wait to have their beef rouladen and enjoy the view of Superior!  We won't be going back to Brick Street.  We're looking forward to going to Cranberries in Goodrich in a couple weeks.  I've always wanted to go there.

The weather has been hot, but I haven't noticed the humidity being too bad.

No comments: