Search This Blog

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Saturday, May 8

Cold, blustery, windy in Genesee today.  Good day to stay home by the fire!  I can't believe how strong the winds are this morning.

Gary is cooking the meal for the Mother-Daughter Banquet tonight.  We are having ham with pineapple, smashed Yukon golds, corn, cole slaw, and for dessert, cubed brownies with strawberries in sauce & whipped cream.  When I found out that my Edgcombe grandchildren were going, I rushed to WalMart to get the plaid shorts I had planned for Grant's birthday Tuesday.  I'd already bought him two t-shirts.  Spent some time reading The Lovely Bones. 



The dinner was delicious, and we enjoyed entertainment by The King's Yo-Men, a yo-yo group from Ann Arbor. 





After we got home, we watched Whip It.  I was anxious to see that movie because parts of it were filmed in nearby Birch Run.

Nice to be able to spend time with family tonight!

3 comments:

Marsha said...

good blog marsh

momma3kids said...

LOL@"Marsha".
Ya know you could've borrowed The Lovely Bones from me, since I read it long before the hype over the movie.

Marsha said...

Hey! I didn't say "good blog marsh"! That must be Gary. I'll have to fix that for him!