Search This Blog

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Yay, I'm back on! Haven't been able to log in to my own blog for awhile and was so frustrated!

Tuesday I dropped Gary off at the track meet at the school behind our house and went on my way to my mom's. I came home and he arrived a bit later, and we watched American Idol. He said he ached all over and couldn't figure out why. At 12:30 a.m. he woke me up saying he thought he might be having a heart attack. He took a nitro, threw up, and we called the ambulance. By 4:00 a.m. test results were back and good, but they wanted to admit him and do a stress test Wednesday. I went home and tried to get an hour's sleep, and that didn't go too well. I had tests at my doctor's at 8:00 a.m.! Took the day off work and went home and tried to sleep, but once again that didn't go as planned. They took him for the stress test and an echocardiogram, which showed he could not have the stress test, I believe because of a valve problem and too much calcium around it. So they kept him that night also to do the nuclear stress test Thursday. That came out OK also, so he was released. I worked all day.

Ate at Applebee's on the way home, 2 for $20. Had the spinach/artichoke dip appetizer, always good and hot. I had my favorite Fiesta Lime Chicken.

Worked Friday and Gary went to the doctor and got set up for a referral to a cardiologist. Ate at Twin's, splitting a Greek Grinder, and bringing half home.

Saturday was the funeral for Dorothy Baker, an important and well-loved Genesee fixture who died at the age of 96. It was a lo-o-ong funeral and Gary, in his position as School Board President, eulogized her. He did very well, and kept it short! The only problem was that he had on tan socks with his grey suit, and it was very obvious! There was a nice dinner afterward at the school. We got home from that at 2:00 p.m. and had a meatloaf dinner at church at 4:00 p.m.! That was very good, and we enjoyed taking Amanda and the kids.

Then on to my mom's to watch Lawrence Welk with her. Left in time to make a quick trip to Penney's while it was still daylight. Bought two three-packs of onesies for Emily, the second pack being 88 cents. So I got six onesies for $14 in two different sizes, one for now and one for later.

So glad to be able to get back in here! I was beginning to think my blog was lost to updating forever!

No comments: