Search This Blog

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sunday Afternoon, Months Later

I need to start doing this regularly, and at a good time of day or I'll be up all night worrying about whatever. So . . .



Spring break is winding down, and it was very relaxing and enjoyable. Friday we ate at Twin's, of course, having our free pizza. Had banana peppers on it for a change, along with pepperoni and bacon, and it was delish. Then we went to Wal-Mart and Gary got a new bike, because it was cheaper (well, not quite) than buying new tires, chain, etc. I got a new fabric shower curtain, all white, for the bathroom redo. Had a long conversation with Monique there about school. Also saw Linda H. from church and Travis from school. Then we went to ma's, as usual.
Came home and watched What Not To Wear, featuring a weird looking 26-year-old who looked like she was 46. It turned out well.



Saturday I went to Family Dollar and got shower curtain rings and a new window curtain for the bathroom. Went to Penneys, looking for a jean jacket, and to K-Mart. The only jacket at Penneys would be $10 cheaper after 4:00, so I went back later and got it, since I'd be out anyway. At dinnertime, we ate at Coney Connexion. Sandy is on her way home from Florida and had made it as far as Kalamazoo at that time. It'll be nice to have her home and in good health after having the stent put in and after her stay in the hospital with the headaches and fever. Came home and did the Saturday night thing: watching Suze Orman and laid out my clothes for church.



Wore my new tweed jacked from BonWorth with my teal top and brown pants to church this morning. It looked good, but did I wear it last Sunday? Madilyn and Gracie were as cute as ever. Madilyn wore some of her new Brownie clothes from Jeanne. Gracie had tiny, little pigtails! Then we went to Big Boy, where I had my usual Slim Jim and side salad. We went to a rummage sale on the way home, and Gary bought a soccer ball and a bunch of TimeLife binders of animal stuff for Madilyn. I'm looking all over for a hummingbird feeder with suction cups like I have up north, but haven't been able to find one anywhere. After reading the Sunday paper, I cleaned a little and planted bulbs that have been in the fridge for years! Maybe something will surprise us next year and come up!



Tomorrow I have an autism seminar at the GISD, so I'll have to get up a little earlier and get back in the swing of things.



Our daughter, Lisa, who was run OVER by two cars on Thanksgiving night in Florida, is doing worse. Wednesday one of the doctors told her that her hips are caving in on her pelvis and will crush her liver and other organs and eventually her kidneys. They will not do any surgery on her, which I find unconscionable. She's never had any physical therapy either, and was just sent home from the hospital after a couple months.  We are looking into flying her and her boyfriend home to Christen's. Then we will see about getting a referral to get her into Ann Arbor. See why I can't type this at bedtime?

I think I'll go clean off the living room couch now and then, maybe, read my new Ann Rule book.

No comments: